About Shannon McGuirk
Shannon is the Head of PR and Content at Aira Digital where she oversees all elements of content production and media outreach. Her key skills include developing integrated creative content campaigns, digital PR strategies, and media relations/link building.
She has experience in working with well-known consumer brands such as TravelSupermarket, Vouchercloud, RS Components, Goodyear Tyres and AXA PPP healthcare.
In her Learn Inbound talk, Shannon explains how to set up a ‘digital PR newsroom’ function for both agency and in-house teams to supercharge your outreach and link building efforts.
- The digital PR newsroom combines traditional PR and content marketing tactics through an ‘always on’ approach with the aim of creating numerous data-driven campaigns to secure coverage featuring followed links over a prolonged period of time.
- It allows you to work both proactively and reactively across a 12 month period launching multiple evergreen campaigns so that you’re consistently delivering links for your brand or clients
- Clearly defined roles within the newsroom are central to making it work. As a minimum, you need someone that focuses on content creation and someone that focuses on outreach.
- You need to set yourself up with an editorial content calendar and a master media list. Map out the top 20 contacts for your industry so you don’t need to stress about finding the right people.
- Don’t just rely on ‘hero’ planned editorial campaigns. Instead, focus on campaigns that tie into all three types of journalist writing: reactive editorial, planned reactive editorial, and planned editorial.